About Garry Wasson
Garry is a business coach for the fitness industry & has over 20 years experince he has developed a business course for personal trainers .
Garry has trained in numerous Martial Art disciplines including Boxing,
Karate, and reality based self-defence, he holds three black belts in three different disciplines and numerous certifications within the fitness industry, and has appeared and been featured in over 50 publications, including the Daily Telegraph and Blitz Magazine in Australia.
He has also been a contributing author for a magazine in New Zealand fight times. Garry has also self-published a book Positive mental attitude.
Garry was also a mentor for Personal trainers though Fitness U and a level 3 fitness professional with Fitness Australia. He worked for Boxing Australia as a national fitness coordinator.
As a Qualified Trainer and Assessor, he has developed nationally recognised and approved continues education courses & professional development courses that are approved by Physical Activity Australia in Boxing and martial arts for fitness professional and Personal Trainers.
He as developed a nationally accredited self-defence instructors course for martial arts instructors.
He has articles published that focus on personal training, fitness, motivation, boxing and self-defence.
His training skills have also been recognised and worked as an Extras Boxing Audition Advisor for the Movie “Wolverine – XMen Origins”, and performed a role as a boxing extra in the movie.
Garry had the honour to work as a boxing trainer or sports motivator with boxers from Blue cattle dog boxing that went on to win the below titles:-
- Oceania champion.
- Australian champion.
- State champion.
- Afaura state champion
- PCYC state champion.
- City of Sydney champion.
- State novice champion.
- Southern zone champion.
- Best & fairest boxer in NSW
- Best NSW senior prospect boxer of the year.
- Most scientific boxer.
Qualifications & courses Achieved
- National presenter trainer & assessor for Elite fitness boxing trainer.
- life coach
- Modboxing coach by Boxing Australia
- Boxing Australia (NSW) inc registered Coach Level 1.
- Boxing Authority of NSW Professional Kickboxing Instructor & Professional boxing Trainer.
- National Coaching Accreditation level 1 Martial Arts Instructor
- Accredited Specialist in Martial Arts Conditioning international sports science association.
- Trainer & Assessor for train like a boxer program.
- Accredited Professional Manager in Professional Kickboxing & Boxing
- 3 Black Belts in Different Styles of Martial Arts.
- Certified Coach with Martial Arts Australia & International Martial Arts Alliance
- Motivational courses
- Diploma in sport psychology.
- professional life coach certification.
- Certificate in Motivational Techniques How to coach your clients to success cecs course
- High-performance Goal Setting certificate ASC.
- High-Performance Motivation
- ASC High-Performance Decisions Certificate ASC.
- High-Performance Concentration course.
- ASC Extraordinary Goals cec course
- Exercise Physiology, Accredited program cecs
- Extraordinary Goals CEC course
- How to coach your clients to success. CECS
- Business courses
- Entepreneurship & business life coach certification CDP Accredited.
- Foundation Diploma social media marketing.
- Applying the Business model canvas , certificate.
- facebook mastery course, certificate
- Digital marketing course, certificate
- TAE40110 Qualified Trainer & Assessor
- National Presenter for Fitness boxing skills level 1
- Conflict Resolution certificate of completion, by e3learning open Universities Australia.
- Negotiation & Conflict Resolution certificate of Achievement.
- Management for a competitive edge certificate of achievement
- Bully & Harassment for employees certificate of completion, by e3learning, Open Universities Australia.
- Strategic Management Certificate of Achievement.
- Armed Robbery Safety Awareness, certificate of Completion, By e3learning Open Universities Australia.
- Becoming a Confident Trainer, certificate of Achievement.
- Personal Training Business course cecs.
- Sports & Recreation Management, Certificate of Achievement.
- Strength & conditioning
- Network Elite Strength Coach certificate
- Certified Applied Strongman Trainer
- Strength & Conditioning Success in the industry cec course
- Non-Traditional Strength training Accredited cec course
- Powerhouse Performance functional strength training accredited course
- Advanced Aids & training tools for strength & conditioning, cec course.
- Positive gains Hypertrophy cecs
- Maximum strength absolute power cecs.
- Optimising sporting performance adolescence to elderly.cecs
- Resistance training & Program Prescription, Accredited program cecs
- Power & Speed Trainer. Accredited Program cecs.
- Linked System Strength Training course cec
- Sports Balance Accredited course cecs.
- Swiss Ball Exercises for Conditioning & Core Stability Accredited cecs.
- Battle rope trainer certificate.
- Personal Training
- Fitness Australia Registered
- Fitness Professional level 3 Pro Trainer,
- Mentor for personal trainers through Fitness U.
- Health Evaluation & Fitness Appraisal, cecs
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Pre-Choreographed Group EX. cecs
- Certified Certificate III Gym Instructor
- Certified Certificate IV Personal Trainer
- Out Door Personal training course Accredited cecs.
- A Balancing ACT course cecs
- Total Body Blitz course cecs Weight Management program cec
- Excel in the world of Personal Training. cecs
- Protein the Key to Fat loss accredited program cecs.
- Straps, steps Alignment accredited cecs Commanding Bootcamp Success cec course
He is head trainer of Blue Cattle Dog Boxing and has developed elite athletes through personal training, including many state and national amateur Australian boxing champions who have featured in bouts on Foxtel pay TV. In addition to his boxing champions, Garry has trained a state black belt martial arts champion.
Below just some of the magazines, Garry has been featured in as a Martial arts expert.